The video below shows how to buy a song from iTunes for use with the Windows version of the Salsa Rhythm Machine. The Mac version is pretty much identical.
- Install iTunes, if needed.
- Start-up iTunes.
- Click on “iTunes Store”.
- In the upper-right corner, type into the search box something like “Lou Bega” and press Return.
- iTunes will show you a list of songs.
- Scroll to the one you want, such as Mambo #5.
- Double-click the song to play it and make sure that it is the right one.
- Click the “buy song” button.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to enter your account info.
- After buying, the song will begin to download.
- When it is done, it will appear in the “Purchased” section of iTunes.
- In the Purchased section, right-click on the song to get the pop-up menu.
- In Windows, select “Show in Windows Explorer”. On the Mac, select “Show in Finder”.
- The folder containing the song will open on your desktop.
- To add the song to the Salsa Rhythm Machine, go onto the program’s “File” menu.
- Then go to “Song Locations.”
- Locate the appropriate line in the list, and drag-and-drop the song onto it.
- The song name should now turn black indicating that the program knows where it is.