I once had a damaged Excel file that defied all of the fix-it methods on the web. Here is how I fixed it:
- I plugged my Android phone into my computer via USB.
- I copied the Excel file from Windows 10 into a folder on the phone.
- I opened the Excel file with the Android “File Manager” app.
- I made a small change to the file, and saved it.
- I copied the file back to my computer.
- Excel could now open the file.
So, the Android File Manager app didn’t share the same bug that was present in Excel and was able to save the file cleanly.